Tuesday, May 27, 2014

The Daily Bread of the Eyes

"Mesa Thunder" 9x12 oil on archival linen panel
The sky is the daily bread of the eyes. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Happy sunny Monday everyone! The Denver Summer Art Market is less than 2 weeks away so I’m so exciting to be getting ready for the event and working on lots of new art. Looking forward to seeing all the Denver art fans there! 

Today’s oil paint alla prima cloud study was from northern New Mexico—just south of Raton. This study (which will be for sale at SAM) is also a nod to one of my favorite painters--Maynard Dixon. (Love painting skies? Please check out my Pinterest sky board.)

The change of seasons always brings new artists to my studio--so welcome new summer students! And before I get back to SAM work here are some of my fav pics from beautiful New Mexico--I loved it so much I hope to return in the fall. In the meantime--enjoy and happy warmer weather painting!
Best dessert? This dark chocolate pinon tart at the Abiquiu Inn--Amazing!
 
Georgia O'Keeffe country (Ghost Ranch)

Giant paint tube sculpture on Canyon Road

Colorful SF artist Barbara Meikle's palette at Passport to the Arts paint out

One of my favorite adobe homes off Canyon Road

Gorgeous red chile ristras--I never get tired of this color!

Passport to the Arts event on Canyon Road--lots of artists hard a work!



No comments:

Post a Comment