Sunday, November 10, 2013

From Beignets to Gators: NOLA in November

Natchez Riverboat on the Mississippi
"New Orleans food is as delicious as the less criminal forms of sin.”  Mark Twain

Where have I been?? As a lifelong “Francophile” and artist one of the places I’ve always wanted to visit for as long as I can remember was New Orleans. Last week I had the very good fortune to get a first rate tour of such an amazing place from a good friend who was born there. If you happen to know someone from NOLA you know they are among the friendliest and most generous folks on the planet. There's nothing like a local guide for a first time trip--thanks Deb--I can see why you love (and miss) your home!

Mmm...Piping hot chocolate bread pudding @ Red Fish Grill!
But before I get back to the easel I wanted to share some of my favorite photos and sweet memories from the beautiful Crescent City... Am sure I’ll be painting some NOLA inspired paintings soon…
Beautiful boats and reflections on Lake Pontchartrain


Artist station at the Mardi Gras Warehouse where they create colorful floats year round.
The magical Honey Island Swamp--Like nothing I'd ever seen....
Lovely statue in Audubon Park
Who can resist a fruity glowing green cocktail on the famous Pat O's patio?

Thank you again to everyone who helped make my first trip to NOLA a true artist’s delight! Can't wait to visit again but now it's time to get back to work. It’s going to be a super busy week in the studio painting and getting ready for my YUPO and bird painting workshop next Saturday. Look forward to seeing you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment