Saturday, April 10, 2010

Art Springs Eternal

Good Morning Everyone--First I want to welcome my new students (three this week!) and any prospective students from TeachStreet. I'm happy to say that this week I'm a Featured Denver teacher. So thank you all for stopping by.

Also, I'm featured in the Creative Coupon Book produced as part of our Create Denver Week and am looking forward to attending the Creative Denver Expo downtown this afternoon (as you'll likely see me Twitter.)  As an artist, I feel very lucky to be in a city where the "Creative Class" is recognized as a growing and integral part of our economy.

Also, I'm hoping to announce as soon as tomorrow my new Colorful Connection Painting Workshop which will be a fun group workshop focused on color but for all media (watercolor, oil, and acrylic) one day a week. So please stay tuned for more info about that.  If you haven't painted in a group setting before it's a great way to meet new artists and learn from them as well.

Finally, I unfortunately was a bit pressed for time this week teaching and planning the workshop, but I was able to practice some watercolor and tried this quick negative painting of spring trees taken from an exercise by painter Linda Kemp.

For more information about my classes or new group workshop please email me--I'm looking forward as I hope you are to a fantastic season of color, art, painting, and creativity! Namaste!

No comments:

Post a Comment