Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Figuratively Speaking

Happy Holidays! I haven't posted an oil or a figure painting for a few days, so I thought I'd post one of my favorite figure paintings. If I had one art wish it would be to have more time and opportunity to paint from the live model.

Here the model arrived in an interesting vintage "costume" and I decided to keep the color palette simple and earthy. This is also oil on linen, which is a joy to paint on. Not my usual palette, but sometimes those "out of my comfort zone" paintings are the ones you have a special affection for.

As an artist I'm always on the lookout for new painters whose work I find interesting and inspiring. In the December issue of American Art Collector magazine there's some fantastic figure paintings, but I particularly admired Daniel Adel's amazing classical oil paintings.

Looking for the perfect art gift? Art classes or workshops make a unique, thoughtful, and usually affordable gift for the creative person in your life this holiday season! Check with your local art instructors or schools--most offer gift certificates as I do.

For information about my studio gift certificates for painting classes & workshops in Denver, please write to me at ScarletOwl@hotmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment