Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Landscape Wednesday

I haven't posted a landscape in a while and I was planning to work on a winter landscape in the studio today, so I thought I'd post one of my favorites. This small oil landscape painting was painted from a photo I took just outside of Taos, New Mexico.

It's a fairly simply composition, but I think the painting captures the expansive peace and quiet that you feel in New Mexico. I'm also pleased to say that it was the first painting to sell at one of my shows. You never know quite what will sell on any given day, but it's always nice when a collector notices a painting that's one of your favorites.

"Sage Solitude" 12 x 12 oil on linen, Private Collection

For more information about my Denver oil painting classes, please write to me anytime at ScarletOwl@hotmail.com or visit me on TeachStreet.

No comments:

Post a Comment