Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Juicy Fruit Tuesday

I had such a fantastic time yesterday panting an abstract landscape with the painting knife, I thought I'd do a quick still life study this morning.

I set up this pear on a antique studio chair that my grandmother owned. The chair itself has been painted about 20 times and it's currently bright turquoise, so it makes an interesting background.

I also started with a warm red tinted canvas to energy and complement the yellow green pear. If you haven't tried it an all knife painting is a great way to simplify your form while keeping your colors vibrant. For more information about "full spectrum color" painting be sure to check out Susan Sarback's book Capturing Radiant Color in Oils.

"Single Pear" 8 x 8 oil on panel
Available for purchase, please email me at ScarletOwl@hotmail.com for more information about my art or Denver area oil painting classes, thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment