Monday, October 19, 2009

Watercolor Monday

In honor of my new watercolor students, I thought I'd post one of my favorite floral watercolors. (Not to mention, am already having some summer withdrawal.) This was painted in the garden of our local park where each year they plant huge beds of towering red and orange canna flowers--which I recently learned are related to the ginger and banana plant.

It's a bit startling to see such spiky and exotic botanicals at our mile high altitude, so I love to paint them. Because the flower colors are so warm, I played with a lot of cool blues in the rest of the painting.

For more information about my watercolor classes, please send me an email at ScarletOwl@hotmail.com. Have a great fall week!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful painting Aimee! I hope to be able to create similar works myself one day. You are a fantastic teacher.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the compliment!

    ReplyDelete