Thursday, October 29, 2009

Sunny Provence

Today, in the snow storm I'm craving the sunshine and a much warmer climate and so I'm posting a colorful quick study I did when I was in Provence (perhaps my favorite painting destination) a few years ago.

I also thought it would be a fun contrast from yesterday's "blast from the past" painting of France. For those of you who've been abroad on painting workshops, you know the logistics of art travel (nothing like juggling easels and paints on a bus!) can be challenging, but there's nothing like painting plein air on location far from home.

This watercolor study is from the quintessential Provencale town of Aix en Provence (about 20 mile north of Marseilles) where around every corner was a painting in the making. There's no better winter hobby than studio painting, so for more information about my Denver based watercolor classes please write to me at ScarletOwl@hotmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment